10.25.2008

Matador . . .

I have to be honest, I find inspiration in the strangest events. Earlier I heard a Spanish airport announcement which reminded me that I didn't have significant Hispanic representation. I wondered how I would create a character that didn't fall into the typical stereotype. I found that matadors are big in the Hispanic community so I decided to make a play on the sport. Our guy "Raoul" will be a world renowned bull fighter that has never harmed a bull. He is so smooth and elegant all his battles end in the bull fainting from exhaustion. Being such a great matador isn't enough for Raoul though, he wants his booty to receive some recognition. Therefore, Raoul wears those Prince ass-less chaps during all his battles and doesn't hesitate to remind people of his fantastic booty. Come on . . . you gotta laugh at that. Fuego.

No comments: